[Mne_analysis] Baseline calculation

Vancelette, Reid Vincent RVANCELETTE at PARTNERS.ORG
Thu Mar 29 11:42:39 EDT 2012

Hi all,

I am currently in the process of performing preprocessing on my MEG/EEG data and am trying to correctly calculate a baseline. I am working with whole sentences that have several triggers within each sentence to mark particular areas of interest (for example: the noun, the verb). The current way that we calculate the baseline is from 100 ms before each of the triggers. Is there any way that I can calculate the baseline from the first trigger of each of the sentences (which happens to correspond to the beginning of the sentence) and apply that to each of the triggers within that particular sentence instead of having to calculate it 100 ms before each of the triggers? I am asking this because as of right now we are basically forced to calculate the baseline while the subject is hearing the sentences, which can bias the data.

Thanks in advance,

Reid

Reid Vancelette
Research Assistant to