[Mne_analysis] lowpass filtering data in sensor or source space

Matthew Panichello panichem at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Thu Nov 15 12:50:15 EST 2012

Hello,

I have used mne_compute_raw_inverse to produce the inverse solution for
raw data, and loaded this data into matlab.

However, I have inspected the data and would like to lowpass filter the
data further before extracting the statistics that I am interested in.

It seems like my options are to either low pass filter the raw sensor
data further before computing the inverse solution, or to filter the
source data directly in matlab. Is there any methodological reason to
prefer one method over the other?

If filtering the source data in matlab is preferred (or if both methods
are fine), could anyone recommend a particular filter type? I've looked
into documentation for filtering in matlab and it seems like there are a
tremendous amount of options.

Thanks,

--
Matthew Panichello