[Mne_analysis] edge effects in computation of induced power?

Andrew R. Dykstra Andrew.Dykstra at med.uni-heidelberg.de
Fri Nov 23 03:34:03 EST 2012

Dear all,

I've been working recently with the Python toolbox trying to examine
higher-frequency activity in an auditory paradigm.  The PLV seems OK, but
there are strange things happening at the edges of the induced power matrix
which I think are obscuring whatever power is induced by the stimulus.
 When I process the sample dataset with the exact same script, I don't see
such edge effects.  Does anyone have any ideas about why this  is
happening?

A related general question: Is the evoked field subtracted from the
individual epochs prior to computation?

Cheers,
Andy

--
Andrew R. Dykstra, PhD
Auditory Cognition Lab

"How small the cosmos.  How paltry and puny compared to human consciousness
. . . to a single individual recollection." - Vladimir Nabokov