[Mne_analysis] magflat and gradflat in mne_process_raw

Matti Hamalainen msh at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Sat Sep 8 08:07:11 EDT 2012

There is no way to specify the "flat" limits on the command line of mne_process_raw, unfortunately.

However, in the Averaging preferences dialog (Adjust menu) of mne_browse_raw there are "no signal" limits  (flat parameters) which affect the interactive computation of the projection operators.

- Matti

On Sep 7, 2012, at 3:46 PM, Candida Jane Maria Ustine wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am working on removing the blink artifact using the PCA in mne. We have a couple of subjects whose channels go flat for a few seconds(EEG, MEG, EOG and ECG) including the stimuli. I was wondering if there is a way to skip that part of the raw.fif file while using the mne_process_raw command to create an EOG projector.
>
> I was wondering if this skip can be done when we create a projector just like how we can introduce a descriptor file when we are creating averages using mne_process_raw. I wanted to know of gradflat/magflat/eegflat parameters can be included in the mne_process_raw command. (I don't think this option is there in the mne_browse_raw gui structure.)
>
> Do let me know if there is another way of omitting the blank data in the fif file when creating a projector.
>
> Thanks,
> Candida
>
> --
> Candida Jane Maria Ustine M.Eng.
> NeuroCognition Lab
> Athinoula A. Martinos Center of Biomedical Imaging
> Department of Psychiatry - Neurosciences
> Massachusetts General Hospital
> candida at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
>

> The information in this e-mail is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed. If you believe this e-mail was sent to you in error and the e-mail contains patient information, please contact the Partners Compliance HelpLine at http://www.partners.org/complianceline . If the e-mail was sent to you in error but does not contain patient information, please contact the sender and properly dispose of the e-mail.

---------

Matti Hamalainen, Ph.D.
Athinoula A. Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging
Massachusetts General Hospital

msh at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
mhamalainen at partners.org