[Mne_analysis] [mne-python] strange behavior of raw.save()

Denis-Alexander Engemann d.engemann at fz-juelich.de
Sat Sep 8 17:47:27 EDT 2012

Thanks Martin,

that must be it.
I actually I was testing a new command line tool of mine for mass riff
export / augmentation  / conversion
And in one of the use cases I simply wanted to change the info
structure without loading the data.
So this means I can either preload the data or work around it by e.g.
iterative renaming.

To prevent users from tnings like that one could add something like

raw.save(fname)

(...)

if fname == self.raw.info['filename'] and not self.preload:
    raise ValueError("Invalid operation "
                            "Either load data or use alternative file name")

Wdyt?

Cheers,
Denis