[Mne_analysis] notch filter for removing power chord signal

Lauri Parkkonen lauri.parkkonen at aalto.fi
Thu Sep 13 18:31:13 EDT 2012

Hello,

If I may put my two cents in... Most of the 50/60-Hz interference is
really the ambient magnetic field. This is the case at least with the
Elekta Neuromag systems and I believe with most other systems, too.
Thus, a properly-derived SSP operator should reduce the 50/60-Hz level
considerably but as such a projection has no notion of time, the same
spatial filtering is done unnecessarily at all frequencies. If you want
to keep the spatial patterns as intact as possible, then a notch is a
better option as Alex pointed out.

Cheers,
Lauri