[Mne_analysis] event file and noise covariance matrix

Junpeng.zhang@gmail.com junpeng.zhang at gmail.com
Tue Apr 2 00:31:41 EDT 2013

Hi Experts,

 My coauthor sent to me a *sss.fif.
I would use it to do research.
My questions are,

 I only loaded the file into mne_browse_raw,
but I found I can not  do average operations.
Anyone know what additional file is needed to conduct average?
The engineer who operates the MEG device may not use MNE toolbox, but he used maxfilter.
So should I tell him which additional files I need to conduct average or  calculation of noise covariance matrix?
assume that he could use all the software associated with eketa MEG device and never use mne toolbox and that I need the files he created to conduct average and calculation of noise covariance matrix.

Please laugh at my so simple questions :).

Thank you all in advance.
Junpeng