[Mne_analysis] compute_source_psd_epochs()

Martin Luessi mluessi at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Tue Apr 2 13:13:11 EDT 2013

Hi Vincent,

You are correct, the loaded label isn't used at all. It must be a "copy
paste artifact" from when the example was created.

To your question, if you want to use multiple labels, you can just
combine them using "+", e.g.,

label_both = label_lh + label_rh

and then pass label_both to compute_source_psd_epochs using the label
parameter. The resulting SourceEstimate will contain the PSD for all
labels (the union of all the source space vertices in the labels). Let
me know if you need help splitting the data into the labels again (it's
a few lines of Python code).

I hope this helps.

Martin

On 04/02/13 12:47, Vincent Rupp Jr. wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> There is an example script called "Compute Power Spectral Density of
> inverse solution from single epochs" at
> http://martinos.org/mne/auto_examples/time_frequency/plot_compute_source_psd_epochs.html#example-time-frequency-plot-compute-source-psd-epochs-py.
>

> I noticed that after defining and loading the label into memory, it is
> never mentioned again. Line #60 of the script says "compute source space
> psd in label" and involves calling the compute_source_psd_epochs()
> function, but the label variable is never passed into it as an argument.
> Does this function automatically seek a previously defined variable
> called label? Are there any options for what labels, how many labels,
> etc., can be fed into it?
>
> I want to load a label like lh.BA45.label, but I want it to perform the
> psd computations on /both/ hemispheres. So far it seems like you can
> only load one hemisphere at a time.
>

> Best wishes,
>
> Vincent Rupp Jr

Martin Luessi, Ph.D.

Research Fellow

Department of Radiology
Athinoula A. Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging
Massachusetts General Hospital
Harvard Medical School
149 13th Street
Charlestown, MA 02129