[Mne_analysis] mne-python: simple topographic plot

Emanuele Olivetti emanuele at relativita.com
Mon Apr 22 08:37:44 EDT 2013

Hi,

First of all thank you for mne-python: it is very well done and effective!

I'd like to create simple topographic plots from the results of statistical
tests that I am conducting on gradiometer data (evoked responses) of our Elekta
Neuromag. From what I see in the documentation many rich functions are
available in the mne.viz module but I cannot find the simple one that given a
coefficient for each channel (e.g. t-statistic between two conditions) and a
layout ('Vectorview-grad.lout', in my case, if I understand correctly), plots
the topography like

   http://dev.pymvpa.org/_images/ex_topo_plot.png
http://fieldtrip.fcdonders.nl/_media/tutorial/eventrelatedaveraging/topoplot_fic_3feb09_erf.png

or like this mne-python plot, but without clickable sensors and timecourses:

   http://martinos.org/mne/auto_examples/plot_topography.html

...a simple colored box for each channel would suffice.

Any hints?

Best,

Emanuele