[Mne_analysis] Generating labels with mne_python

Luke Bloy luke.bloy at gmail.com
Wed Aug 7 13:57:02 EDT 2013

Hi all,

I am interested in generating a label from an stc. What I would like is to
be able to supply a seed and a threshold, and to get as output a label
consisting of the source points  connected to the seed and above threshold.
Basically I'd like to be able to compute connected components on stcs. Has
this been implemented? If not could someone maybe help me out by pointing to
how I could get neighborhood information from the src space? Alternatively,
can someone think of a way to combine thresholding stc.data with
mne.label.grow_label to do what I want?

A second easier question. Is there an simple way to show labels on a
pysurfer plot. At the moment I'm generating the label, then saving it to
disk and using 'brain.add_label' to load the label from disk. Is there a
more straight forward way that I'm missing.

Thanks

Luke