[Mne_analysis] Amplitude of sensor level average

Denis-Alexander Engemann denis.engemann at gmail.com
Sat Dec 14 14:35:29 EST 2013

Dear Lauren,

for your interest, we just added simple peak finding methods in
MNE-Python for evoked and stc objects.

https://github.com/mne-tools/mne-python/pull/984#issuecomment-30583928

Those allow you to get the channel name or the vertex ID associated
with the maximum response as well as the latency, either in seconds or
as time index pointing at the related position in the times vector.

Here two examples.

https://github.com/mne-tools/mne-python/blob/c8633989fc3429d7dc1a4635fe05d09848a99e43/examples/inverse/plot_compute_mne_inverse.py#L57

https://github.com/mne-tools/mne-python/blob/c8633989fc3429d7dc1a4635fe05d09848a99e43/examples/plot_from_raw_to_epochs_to_evoked.py#L59

For evoked data with a clear peak this is expected to work reliably.
For single trial  data it might take more sophisticated handling.
However, with the new functions you can specify tmin and tmax
paramters as well as handle the sign (only consider negative / positve
or absolute signals).

Best,
Denis