[Mne_analysis] DICS example

Roman Goj roman.goj at gmail.com
Wed Dec 18 13:53:46 EST 2013

Hi Chiran,

We only implemented estimation of source power (i.e. equation [5] in
Gross et al.) using the DICS approach, not estimation of source
connectivity (e.g. coherence, equation [1]), which I'm guessing you're
after?

You are right that the scripts don't perform selection of a reference
region, because that is only necessary to calculate the connectivity
measures. Selecting a reference could be done easily just by choosing
the source with maximal power. However, calculating coherence to the
reference region at every other region would require a bit more digging
into the code of dics_source_power (i.e. line 392 corresponds to
equation [5] in Gross et al. with the difference that the spatial
filters are calculated for the same source, i.e. r_1 == r_2).

I'd be happy to support you in implementing the coherence calculation if
you're interested.

Best,
Roman