[Mne_analysis] Some question about Epochsobjects in mne-python

Stephen Politzer-Ahles spa268 at nyu.edu
Sun Dec 22 08:20:38 EST 2013

Thanks, I think that solves all my problems!

Regarding ICA and filtering, I just didn't do filtering because in the past
I haven't (I have always left off filtering until as late as possible, just
so I have the option of doing stats on unfiltered data if I want), but
actually I haven't systematically compared whether ICA works better on
filtered vs. unfiltered versions of my data, so it's definitely worth
looking into. As for why I did ICA on epoched data rather than raw, it's
just because I didn't want to pass in noisy data that's not from the actual
task (e.g., parts of the recording where the participant was taking a break
or talking to me, etc.), and the easiest way to do that was just to only
use the [large] epochs around my critical events. But I took epochs that
are each several seconds long, so that I can safely low-pass filter them
and then chop out the actual epoch of interest from the middle later.

Best,
Steve

Stephen Politzer-Ahles
New York University, Abu Dhabi