[Mne_analysis] Saving data from mne.Epochs

Vincent Rupp rupp.vincent at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 16:17:32 EST 2013

Hello all,

I am trying to epoch resting MEG data into 4 second events, remove EOG
artifacts, and save as a new file including only the good epochs. I've
upgraded to the latest nightly yesterday and attempted running this script,
but it fails to save with this error message: *

AttributeError: 'Epochs' object has no attribute 'save'*

Doesn't mne.epochs return an object which should be able to save as a fif
file?

Here is my full script in case it helps to look at:

*data_path = '/home/vrupp/data/restMEG/'
subj = raw_input('Subject ID:')
raw_fname = data_path + subj + '/' + subj + '_rest_raw_sss.fif'
event_id, tmin, tmax = 1, 0.0, 4.0

# Setup for reading the raw data
raw = fiff.Raw(raw_fname)

# Epoch data into 4s intervals
events = mne.make_fixed_length_events(raw, 1, start=0, stop=None,
        duration=4.)

# Set up pick list: (MEG-bad channels)
exclude = raw.info['bads']
picks = fiff.pick_types(raw.info, meg=True, eeg=False, stim=True, eog=True,
        exclude=exclude)

# Read epochs and remove bad epochs
epochs_outfile = mne.Epochs(raw, events, event_id, tmin, tmax, proj=True,
        picks=picks, baseline=(None, 0), preload=True,
        reject=dict(grad=4000e-13, mag=4e-12, eog=150e-6))

# Save output file
epochs_outfile.save(data_path + subj + '/' + subj + '_rest_raw_epoch.fif')*

Thanks very much for any help.

Best wishes,

Vincent Rupp