[Mne_analysis] Spatio-temporal clustering

Martin Luessi mluessi at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Tue Feb 26 13:07:29 EST 2013

Hi Nicola,

It seems like you don't have sufficient memory to run the analysis. It
tries to allocate a memmap with 557166592 elements, which corresponds to
4GB (8 bytes per element).

Did you use parallel processing? If so, try running it with n_jobs=1,
this should reduce the memory consumption At the moment you need almost
n_jobs times the memory when using parallel processing. Hopefully this
will be improved in the future.

Best,

Martin

On 02/26/13 09:53, Nicola Molinaro wrote:
> Dear mne-python experts,
> We are trying to run spatio-temporal cluster stats for my experiment. I
> tried to follow the 'plot_cluster_stats_spatio_temporal.py' example with
> 5 participants (and two conditions). I am trying to run my analyses in
> my iMac Os 10.6.8 with 4 Gb of RAM. We are using the last update of mne
> (0.5) and we constantly find the following error.

> [done]
>      Reading a surface...
> [done]
>      8 BEM surfaces read
> -- number of connected vertices : 20484
> Clustering.
> Python(17084) malloc: *** mmap(size=557166592) failed (error code=12)
> *** error: can't allocate region
> *** set a breakpoint in malloc_error_break to debug
> Bus error
>

> any suggestion?
>
> (By the way, with 2 participants the script works...)

Martin Luessi, Ph.D.

Research Fellow

Department of Radiology
Athinoula A. Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging
Massachusetts General Hospital
Harvard Medical School
149 13th Street
Charlestown, MA 02129