[Mne_analysis] adding talairach transforms failed?

Jon Houck jhouck at mrn.org
Thu Jan 24 14:43:08 EST 2013

I'm not sure if this is the same issue, but I had some subjects processed
with freesurfer 4.2 for whom the talairach would be saved to orig.mgz but
would not be carried forward into nu.mgz or T1.mgz.  The talairach
registration itself was good.  You might try tkmedit $SUBJECT T1.mgz to see
if the coordinates of the T1 are in volume RAS or Talairach.  If RAS, going
to ${SUBJECTS_DIR}/${SUBJECT}/mri and doing something
like mri_add_xform_to_header transforms/talairach.xfm T1.mgz T1.mgz should
work; afterward both mne_analyze and things like mne_collect_transforms
should detect the transformation.

Jon