[Mne_analysis] question regarding mne_do_forward_solution

Hari Bharadwaj hari at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Mon Jan 28 22:33:53 EST 2013

Hi Andy,
   I am guessing that is there just to remind us that we could have
applied transformations to the head coordinate frame like when using
'maxfilter -trans ...' and hence it is best to use the --meas file to
which the inverse generated from this particular forward would be
applied.

Regards,
Hari

On Mon, January 28, 2013 11:31 am, Andrew R. Dykstra wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Is there a reason for the following text regarding the --meas argument of
> mne_do_forward_solution:
>
> "It is recommended that the average file is employed for evoked-response
> data and the original raw data file otherwise."
>
> If all the measurement file contributes is the sensor location/orientation
> info and the device-head transform, does it matter from which file - raw
> or
> averaged - these data are pulled?  The quoted text from the manual would
> suggest that a new forward solution be computed for each average file even
> if they all derive from the same raw measurement, but that doesn't seem to
> make sense.
>
> Cheers,
> Andy

Hari Bharadwaj