[Mne_analysis] Problem with new Elekta acquisition software

Krieger, Donald N. kriegerd at upmc.edu
Thu Jan 31 19:24:49 EST 2013

Our MEG Center has just upgraded the MEG machine control computer to a Linux box.
I ran a study yesterday and saved both averages and raw data for each block of trials.
The averaged data looks fine but the raw data files do not appear to contain the digitizer or head position information.  I have tried both Elekta's show_fiff and mne_show_fiff without success.  Both blow up on a "segmentation fault."

Also both mne_browse_raw and mne_process_raw fail with the same error.  I download the latest nightly build and tried the versions in there with the same result.

Does it make sense that the absence of head position info in a raw data file would cause this fault.  If that's it, is it difficult to trap the error so that the mne_process_raw, etc. can just keep going?  And what is the easiest way to insert the digitizer and head position information into the raw data files, since I have it from the average files, fortunately.

Thanks.

Don

Don Krieger, Ph.D.
Department of Neurological Surgery