[Mne_analysis] Concatenating raw instances with Raw.append

Kambiz Tavabi ktavabi at uw.edu
Thu Jul 11 20:16:29 EDT 2013

Hi all,
According to the mne-python reference the input argument to
mne.fiff.Raw.append may be a list of Raw instances. As such, could someone
explain to me why the following doesn't work:

In: raws = [fiff.Raw(f) for f in file_list]
In: print raws
Out: [<Raw  |  n_channels x n_times : 392 x 1302000>, <Raw  |  n_channels x
n_times : 392 x 724000>]

In: raw = mne.fiff.Raw.append(raws)
Out: TypeError: unbound method append() must be called with Raw instance as
first argument (got list instance instead)

When I ask for type(raws) I get <type 'list'>, so how is it not a list of
Raw instances that satisfies append?

cheers
Kambiz