[Mne_analysis] Plotting a downsampled source space together with a .label file

Stephen Politzer-Ahles politzerahless at gmail.com
Wed Jul 31 18:01:18 EDT 2013

Hello,

I am trying to plot a mesh of points from a sourcespace (e.g.,
$SUBJECTS_DIR/$SUBJECT/bem/$SUBJECT-ico-4-src.fif) together with the points
in the label file. (the reason is because we made some custom labels using
a script, and they turned out looking patchy--see
http://imgur.com/bUAuaJH--so I want to check whether these labels really
cover the whole regions they're supposed to, or whether there are
sources/vertices that should be in those labels but aren't.) However, when
I do this, the locations of the vertices from the label file don't quite
line up with vertices from the source space (see
http://i.imgur.com/IGlKB9T.png and http://i.imgur.com/CUj6cF7.png for
comparisons; the green vertices from the label file are in more or less the
right place [what's plotted here is Brodmann area 46], but don't quite line
up with the black vertices from the source space), which I was surprised
by, since I thought the locations of vertices in a label file came directly
from the source space. What I was doing was reading the -ico-4-src.fif file
into MATLAB using the FieldTrip toolbox, and reading a label file in
directly, and then plotting them together.

So I am just wondering if there is a different file I should be using to
plot the locations of all the vertices in my sourcespace that labels could
have come from? Otherwise I guess it's a problem with how we created the
labels.

Thank you,
Steve Politzer-Ahles

----