[Mne_analysis] MEG-MRI coordinate system alignment

Vincent Rupp Jr. vincentruppjr at gmail.com
Sun Jun 2 19:31:49 EDT 2013

Hi,

According to the
manual<http://martinos.org/mne/manual/analyze.html#coordinate-frame-alignment>,
the MRI-MEG coordinate frame alignment tools included in mne_analyze
utilize the 3D digitizer (Polhemus) data acquired in the beginning of each
MEG/EEG session and the scalp surface triangulation. Specifically what
scalp surface triangulation is used here? Is this something generated
during FreeSurfer's recon-all stream, or is it the BEM mesh created with
mne_watershed_bem?

Ultimately, I am trying to understand how to solve this question: I
recently overwrote my output from mne_setup_source_space,
mne_watershed_bem, and mne_setup_forward_model. Do I need to re-register my
MEG/MRI data before proceeding to compute the forward solution?

Best wishes,

Vincent Rupp Jr