[Mne_analysis] Help on running mne_setup_forward_model

Matti Hamalainen msh at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Tue Jun 18 09:36:42 EDT 2013

On Jun 16, 2013, at 10:08 AM, Yongxia Zhou <yongxiazhou at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear MNE experts,
> Hi,
> I am running MNE-2.7.0-3106-MaCOSX-i386 with MacBook OSX 10.5.8, everything is ok until I ran the
> mne_setup_forward_model command with the error saying "Cannot continue, please consider moving toa 64-bit platform"
>
> I am wondering is there a solution for running mne in my 32-bit OSX 10.5.8, other than buy a newer MacBook (I need to reinstall all other software packages then)? I downloaded another i386 mne version but none worked.

Hi Yongxia,

The error message is inaccurate. There is no need to upgrade the MacBook. Rather, this is a memory allocation error, meaning that mne_setup_forward_model tries to allocate more 2 GB of dynamic memory. This should not happen. Can you please send the exact command you are giving with options and the output leading to this error.

- Matti

---------

Matti Hamalainen, Ph.D.
Athinoula A. Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging
Massachusetts General Hospital

msh at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
mhamalainen at partners.org