[Mne_analysis] mne.viz.plot_topo behavior

Kambiz Tavabi ktavabi at uw.edu
Thu Jun 27 15:13:24 EDT 2013

Hi Denis,
At the moment I am experiencing this issue with the master 0.6 branch (FYI
I also expect to be working with the christianmbrodbeck branch). On my
machine (Ubuntu 13.04 64bit running canopy-1.0.0.1160.rh5-x86_64 &
python2.7) the topo plot example does not work using IPython notebook or
Enthough console.

In a last ditch effort to dig into this issue further I tried running the
tutorial example in an ipython --pylab terminal and noticed a pylab
issue (ImportError:
Matplotlib backend_wx and backend_wxagg require wxPython >=2.8); So I just
updated my enthought package as per web forum advice and now I cannot
import MNE because of these NEW errors:

                             Traceback (most recent call
last)RuntimeError: module compiled against API version 7 but this
version of numpy is 6

ImportError: numpy.core.multiarray failed to import

Needless to say, I am royally confused.

Kambiz