[Mne_analysis] mne.viz.plot_topo behavior

Denis A. Engemann denis.engemann at gmail.com
Thu Jun 27 15:34:51 EDT 2013

... Just to prevent additional confusion: the 0.6 stable release would work too (
(we did not modify the plotting function after the releasing), for 0.6git master the new functionality was added a few days before releasing mne 0.6 stable.

On 27.06.2013, at 21:13, Kambiz Tavabi <ktavabi at uw.edu> wrote:

> Hi Denis,
> At the moment I am experiencing this issue with the master 0.6 branch (FYI I also expect to be working with the christianmbrodbeck branch). On my machine (Ubuntu 13.04 64bit running canopy-1.0.0.1160.rh5-x86_64 & python2.7) the topo plot example does not work using IPython notebook or Enthough console.
>
> In a last ditch effort to dig into this issue further I tried running the tutorial example in an ipython --pylab terminal and noticed a pylab issue (ImportError: Matplotlib backend_wx and backend_wxagg require wxPython >=2.8); So I just updated my enthought package as per web forum advice and now I cannot import MNE because of these NEW errors:

> RuntimeError                              Traceback (most recent call last)
> RuntimeError: module compiled against API version 7 but this version of numpy is 6
> ImportError: numpy.core.multiarray failed to import
>

> Needless to say, I am royally confused.
> Kambiz
>

> On Wed, Jun 26, 2013 at 4:25 PM, Denis-Alexander Engemann <denis.engemann at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi Kambiz,
>>
>> which version of mne-python are you running? Does the example you refer to work on your machine?
>> And, yes, using plot_topo, theoretically any number of conditions can be visualized.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Denis
>>

>> On Thu, Jun 27, 2013 at 1:12 AM, Kambiz Tavabi <ktavabi at uw.edu> wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>> A little quirky behavior I can't make sense of; I am trying to show topography for different conditions using mne.viz.plot_topo however I keep getting a type error regarding the number of input arguments i.e., plot_topo() takes at least X arguments (Y given) that I can't make sense of. By the way, I assume I can plot any number of conditions using this function, right?
>>>
>>> Here is my code snippet:
>>> # Generate list of evoked objects from conditions names
>>> evokeds = [epochs[name].average() for name in 'retroflex_standard', 'dental_deviant']
>>>
>>> print evokeds
>>> [<Evoked  |  comment : 'retroflex_standard', time : [-0.100000, 0.500000], n_epochs : 79, n_channels x n_times : 204 x 601>, <Evoked  |  comment : 'dental_deviant', time : [-0.100000, 0.500000], n_epochs : 80, n_channels x n_times : 204 x 601>]
>>>
>>> From the tutorial
>>> from mne.viz import plot_topo
>>> # Show topography for different conditions
>>> colors = 'yellow', 'green'
>>> title = 'Evoked responses'
>>> plot_topo(evokeds, color=colors, title=title)
>>> conditions = [e.comment for e in evokeds]