[Mne_analysis] mne_analyze error displaying surface

Nicole Rafidi nrafidi at cs.cmu.edu
Mon May 20 14:24:53 EDT 2013

Hello,

I'm having a problem using mne_analyze to do coordinate alignment.  I am
using ssh -X to get to the computer with the software.  At first I had this
error:

-bash-4.1$ mne_analyze
Using a 4096-point FFT in filtering of raw data with 2048-sample tapers
Warning: Cannot convert string "-adobe-helvetica-bold-r-
normal--14-*-iso8859-1" to type FontStruct
Warning: Cannot convert string
"-adobe-helvetica-medium-r-normal--14-*-iso8859-1" to type FontStruct
Desired visual not found.

Running the following command made the error go away:

export LIBGL_ALWAYS_INDIRECT=1

However, now that I am in mne_analyze, my loaded surface won't stay on the
screen.  I loaded the surface, and then opened the viewer.  The surface
flashed in the viewer and then disappeared. The viewer is still there; it
is just gray where the surface should be. When I try to do coordinate
alignment and I click "LAP" for example, the surface will flash again.

Did my fix to the other problem mess things up?  Any help you can offer
would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Nicole Rafidi
Carnegie-Mellon University