[Mne_analysis] [ANN] MNE-Python 0.7 release

Denis-Alexander Engemann d.engemann at fz-juelich.de
Tue Nov 26 12:20:46 EST 2013

Hi,

we are pleased to announce the new 0.7 release of MNE-python and by the same occasion the recently published paper on MNE:

A. Gramfort, M. Luessi, E. Larson, D. Engemann, D. Strohmeier, C. Brodbeck, L. Parkkonen, M. Hämäläinen, MNE software for processing MEG and EEG data<http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24161808>, NeuroImage, 2013, ISSN 1053-8119

Sadly the paper on MNE-Python is still under revision...

This release comes as usual with a lot of new features and usability improvements thanks to our ever growing number of contributors.

A few highlights:

- Frequency and Time-Frequency Beamforming methods (DICS, 5d-Beamformer)

- Realtime analysis support

- New decoding module (Common Spatial Patterns, SVMs, ...)

- BEM forward modeling is now possible in Python

- Source space generation is now possible in Python

- GUI for MEG/MRI coregistration (cf. slide show http://goo.gl/Ys01yb)

- New function for decimating head surfaces for coregistration

- Functions for reading EEG data (EDF+, BDF, BrainVision)

- Automatic QRS threshold selection for ECG events detection

- Much more efficient and fast ICA computation

- The SPM face demo dataset is now available from within MNE-Python

The full list of the improvements coming in this release is at

http://martinos.org/mne/whats_new.html

<http://martinos.org/mne/whats_new.html>

As usual we welcome bug reports, feature requests, critics and even more contributions.

Some links:

- https://github.com/mne-tools/mne-python (code + readme on how to install)

- http://martinos.org/mne (full MNE documentation)

- http://martinos.org/mne/auto_examples/index.html (the Python examples)

- http://martinos.org/mne/python_reference.html (Python functions documentation)

- http://mne-tools.github.io/mne-python-intro-slides/ (slides)

- http://martinos.org/mne/python_tutorial.html (an

introduction/tutorial to basic mne-python)

Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/mne_python

<https://twitter.com/mne_python>

If you can be in Paris next week, you’re welcome to attend our MNE training session:

http://mne-training-session-paris.eventbrite.fr

Regards,

The MNE-Python developers

People who contributed to this release with their number of commits:

  336  Denis A. Engemann

  202  Eric Larson

  193  Roman Goj

  138  Alexandre Gramfort