[Mne_analysis] computing peak frequency in source space

Luke Bloy luke.bloy at gmail.com
Mon Sep 30 12:41:57 EDT 2013

Thanks for the quick reply Denis.

I'm interested in the peak frequency within a band not the power timecourse
of the band so source_band_induced_power isn't what I want. I also want to
stick with MNE, as opposed to DICS or another beamformer, for localization
since I will want to compare with mne/dspm power estimates.

The other complicating factor is that I'm using resting state data (~~ 5
minutes), so most of the inverse operator code in python runs into memory
problems. Otherwise I could just do apply_inverse and then work on the
returned timecourses in the stc.

once I have a time course for each source finding the peak frequency will
be pretty straight forward using numpy.fft and numpy.fft.fftfreq.

Hope this makes sense
-Luke