[Mne_analysis] Re-referencing EEG electrodes in MNE

Alan alan.leggitt at ucsf.edu
Mon Sep 30 18:43:13 EDT 2013

Hello,

I'm using MNE and MNE-Python to analyze EEG data from a 64 channel biosemi
EEG cap, with no MEG channels, and 2 mastoid EEG channels for reference.
I'd like to re-reference (offline) my EEG channels to the average of the 2
mastoids. Is there a way to do this with either MNE command line or MNE
python? I see that if I wanted to apply an average reference of all EEG
channels, MNE command line stores this as a source space projection. What
would this projection file look like if it were just the 2 mastoid
electrodes?

Thank you and I apologize if this has been addressed in a previous thread.

Regards,
Alan Leggitt