[Mne_analysis] Source current directions

Ghuman, Avniel ghumana at upmc.edu
Wed Apr 9 12:05:50 EDT 2014

Hi Ying,

The orientations follow the cortical surface. Thus, the activity from a dipole on one side of a sulcus or gyrus will show the opposite sign on the other side of the sulcus or gyrus (because the euclidean orientation of the dipole does not change, but its orientation relative to the cortical surface did).

Best wishes,
Avniel