[Mne_analysis] Geometry Creation Problem

dgw dgwakeman at gmail.com
Mon Aug 4 22:45:00 EDT 2014

Hi Isaiah,

This post probably best fits the MNE list (it takes a bit to track
down which problem relates to which list, but generally, mne_...
commands relate to the MNE list and FreeSurfer commands relate to the
freesurfer list). You are likely getting the error (only visualizing
the surfaces will show this is the reason: the easiest way is with
freeview), because the inner skull surface is crossing the outer skull
surface. MNE checks this because the BEM mathematics don't work when
this happens (they must be concentric). There are many different
potential solutions to this problem, so the easiest way to solve this
problem is to figure out what type of data you are working with (EEG,
MEG, MEEG?; what kind of MR data do you have available for this
participant?) What are you trying to do? We can figure out from that
the easiest/best way to solve this issue.

HTH,

P.S. Have you run through the tutorial first (this may help you see
how all the pieces fit together)?