[Mne_analysis] Crossing Segmentations

Isaiah C. Smith Isaiah.C.Smith.17 at dartmouth.edu
Wed Aug 6 17:28:36 EDT 2014

Hello All,

Thank you for the help. I looked at my surface images in free view and they are crossing. The crossing seems to be taking place between the the brain and inner skull crossing over outer skull and outer skin. I believe that this is because the data that we have only goes down so far in the original mr images (Below). And when the individual surfaces are created they cross towards the posterior part of the head (Next Image). I attached the surfaces just in case to allow you to see. Would it be possible to extend outer skull and skin when using freesurfer, or get around this some other way. And lastly we are getting a very bumpy skin (Last Photo). Will this be a problem when creating the head model, finding the lead field matrix, etc. with MNE with MATLAB because the crossing sections prevent me from proceeding?

Isaiah
[cid:25735CD5-80A7-45EE-A539-AE0A4415EF42 at host.ucla.edu][cid:F69DE3BB-8642-475B-A56C-693438F83929 at host.ucla.edu][cid:BBA7098A-DBA4-4161-AA9D-1F3B08646948 at host.ucla.edu]