[Mne_analysis] Changes of laterality when comparing sensor space to source space cluster solutions

Denis-Alexander Engemann denis.engemann at gmail.com
Sun Aug 24 14:59:00 EDT 2014

Hi Hari,

I'm personally not too surpised as well. I often see cluster solutions with
bilateral activaiton where only one of the clusters survives the
permutation test. The connectivity constrain that's currently implemented
in MNE-Python would disconnect such bilateral activations easily.
Especially for weak effects that lead to 1-cluster solutions. That being
said it's actually surprising that I do see any results in sensor-space
since no position-correction was available for the system + data-set I'm
currently working with.
But I'm trying to collect some arguments that you can use to explain this
phenomenon to fMRI experts that haven't used MEG. And of course trying to
rule out stupid mistakes on my end.
In this case we're talking about visual activation at the border between
BA18 and BA37.

- Denis