[Mne_analysis] Comparison of brain responses under three different conditions?

Denis-Alexander Engemann denis.engemann at gmail.com
Sun Dec 21 05:38:18 EST 2014

Hi Maria,

> Hi all,
>
> I would need to find the time intervals where there are statistically
> significant differences between MEG responses measured under three
> different conditions.  I study the responses by comparing the mean values
> in steps of 200 ms between the range of 400-2400 ms. I would like to do
> this for responses from several brain areas. What could be the best way to
> compare the mean values of the tree responses?

Single subject or group level?
For single subject a standard F-test would be appropriate. For groups a
oneway repeated measures ANOVA, if I understand your design correctly
(simply 3 different conditions).

> I have planned to try f_twoway_rm in a loop. However, when rmANOVA is
> used, sphericity test is needed, and if the assumption of sphericity is
> violated, p values need to be corrected. Is there any function for this in
> Python (e.g. Mauchly's sphericity test and Greenhouse-Geisser test)?

Note that this only needed if you have more than 2 factors with more than
two levels. Currently this is not implemented in our stats code. The other
questions is why you need a 2-way test for 3 conditions. I probably did not
fully understand your design.

Denis