[Mne_analysis] problem fetching mne-python

dgw dgwakeman at gmail.com
Tue Feb 18 14:23:25 EST 2014

Hi Don,

What are you trying to do?
	Just download mne-python, or

	download it and get setup to add changes back to mne-python?

from your email it sounds like the latter (yeah!).

There are pretty good instructions here:
www.martinos.org/mne/stable/contributing.html

instead of directly editing your config file, I would recommend letting git do that and use the options described on that page:

git config --global user.name "Your Name"  <it doesn't matter what you put here>
git config --global user.email <this needs to be the email address tied to your github account

Next follow the instructions for creating your own fork and cloning that

HTH
Dan