[Mne_analysis] problem fetching mne-python

Denis-Alexander Engemann denis.engemann at gmail.com
Tue Feb 18 15:26:13 EST 2014

Hi Don,

let me reply inline,

On Tue, Feb 18, 2014 at 8:56 PM, Krieger, Donald N. <kriegerd at upmc.edu> wrote:
> Thanks for responding.
> I was able to fork the package to my git account per the instructions.
> The instructions on the mne site list a sequence of instructions beginning with
>   git clone git at github.com:DonKrieger/mne-python.git
> This appears to be trying to ssh to github and fails with:
>   Permission denied (publickey)
>   fatal: The remote end hung up unexpectedly

this might have various reasons, it might be your config but also your
network / ssh support. Have you tried the https variant?

https://github.com/mne-tools/mne-python.git

Also take a look at setting up ssh with gtihub:

https://help.github.com/articles/generating-ssh-keys

> I've executed the git config --global commands but haven't found a way to check to see if they worked.
> Surely there's a git command to kick out the what it thinks the email address is.
>
> By the way, I am just trying to download the package.
> I don't need to install it.
> I will be chopping it down to a minimal version which I will deploy for grid computing .

If you (really) just want the source code without any git you can
download it from the Python Package Index (PyPi):

https://pypi.python.org/pypi/mne/0.7.1

(green download button)

However, this points to the stable release. A few recent additions
will be missing.

HTH,
Denis