[Mne_analysis] Computing regression on sensor data then transforming to source space

Hari Bharadwaj hari at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Wed Feb 19 00:50:51 EST 2014

Hi Teon,
     Assuming that your regression is a linear model fit that doesn't operate across channels or across time in any way, the beta values are just linear combinations of sensor space data over groups of trials... So it should be fine...

One thing to keep in mind, if the conditions (i.e., levels of the word frequency factor in your example) have different numbers of trials is to scale the noise covariance by an appropriate number as discussed in the "Effective number of averages" section of the "the current estimate" chapter of the manual...

Hari

Hari Bharadwaj
PhD Candidate, Biomedical Engineering,
Auditory Neuroscience Laboratory