[Mne_analysis] BEM construction - FLAIR vs FLASH?

dgw dgwakeman at gmail.com
Fri Feb 28 09:35:30 EST 2014

Given the contrast in FLAIR  images IMO it would not be possible to
use the standard mne_flash_bem script tools to generate useful bem
surfaces (you could obviously write your own). I can help you out by
saying that in my experience, you can get away with only utilizing the
FLASH 5 data (although this assumes you have similar image quality).
If you are getting very good contrast between the critical tissues, in
your FLASH 5 alone. This should save you half the time.