[Mne_analysis] Regularization of the noise covariance matrix with tSSSed data

Sheraz Khan sheraz at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Fri Jul 18 10:56:56 EDT 2014

hi Ying,

Rey might pinch in more, my few cents, tsss projection are not orthgonal in
space, so they do not reduce the rank as SSS or PCA, tsss projections
reduces the variance of the first few components, since most rank
determining algoritham uses some sort of ratio of highest to lowest, after
tsss if you try to determine rank in Matlab or python they might give you a
value higher than 64.

Best rank guest should be 64 - all the PCA projection you are using.

sheraz