[Mne_analysis] Alarmingly similar results for subcortical source activity

Ghuman, Avniel ghumana at upmc.edu
Tue Jun 3 18:09:35 EDT 2014

Hi Alan,

I am not sure why you would expect to get something different for the two
cases. We have compared volume based analyses with cortex only analyses
and they are nearly identical (as they should be assuming little of the
sensor signal is coming from non-cortical sources). Thus, I would agree
with Alex, the key now is simulations. The critical questions are:

1. if there is a source in the amygdala, but not on the cortex, can you
see it and how much cortical bleed is there?

2. If there is a source nearby in the cortex, but not in the amygdala, how
much bleed into the amygdala is there?

Hope that is helpful.

Best wishes,
Avniel