[Mne_analysis] IOError: 2GB file size limit reached. Support for larger raw files will be added in the future.

Eric Larson larson.eric.d at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 11:33:27 EDT 2014

It is challenging because the FIFF file format is not designed to handle
files larger than that. Adding support for it would require redesigning and
rewriting the I/O code fundamental to data analysis, and would likely break
backward compatibility with many tools. AFAIK nobody is actively working on
the issue.

There are different ways of working around the issue. If you have a
specific use case, you could open an issue on the `mne-python` Github site,
and perhaps we can provide some ideas. Ideally we could document the
workarounds somewhere in case people hit this issue in the future, too.

Eric