[Mne_analysis] mne-python config file path could not be determined...

Peter C. Marks peter.c.marks at gmail.com
Wed May 21 14:55:31 EDT 2014

Alex,

Thank you for the reply.

The application will be open source. We are preparing a paper. I pasted the
abstract at the end of this message. Mne is attributed in the references.

I think I will try the approach that Mads just suggested (Thank you,
Mads!). I'll post the results.

Best,

Peter

Proposed Abstract:

A wealth of functional genomics data for cardiovascular phenotypes exists
in many public sources such as GEO (Gene Expression Omnibus,
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/geo/). In the systems biology era,
understanding of pathways and networks underlying phenotype requires
analysis of genomics data across multiple platforms (microRNA expression,
gene expression, etc.) and across multiple experimental conditions,
organisms, and systems. While many such data sets exist, and while software
tools for the analysis of each of these individual data sets are prolific,
software tools for the integrative analysis of genomic data across
platforms of genomic expression and across experimental conditions are
uncommon. We present CardioCPI, a freely availably web-based application
populated with gene and microRNA expression data from GEO. CardioCPI
provides seamless analysis and graphing of genomic and phenotypic data
across platforms and experiments. CardioCPI is built in Python using the
Model-View-Controller software pattern within the Django web application
framework, with a LevelDB schema-less data store for storing and accessing
genomic and phenotypic data. We illustrate the utility of CardioCPI with an
example of integrated analysis of gene and microRNA expression data from a
sample of infants with Tetralogy of Fallot (TOF), a congenital fetal heart
disease, and a set of control infants to show gene regulatory pathways and
modules that are highlighted through the joint and integrated analysis of
these two separate data sets. In summary, CardioCPI is a flexible
user-friendly tool for cross-platform and cross-study analysis of gene
regulatory pathways underlying cardiovascular disease.