[Mne_analysis] using SSP projections for eye blink correction and mne_process raw

Alexandre Gramfort alexandre.gramfort at telecom-paristech.fr
Fri May 23 12:01:59 EDT 2014

hi David,

> My question is regarding the  settings : " --projmagrej 4000  --projgradrej
> 3000 --projeegrej 500" what do these setting lmits mean:
>  calling the help I get the following:

it's like reject param in Python. Peak to peak difference rejection values
by channel type.

--projmagrej 4000

means igore the epoch/event during which a magnetometer not marked
as bad as a peak to peak difference bigger than 4000 fT

> does this mean rejecting an an eyeblink event above the listed value? If so
> they seem low. Given that these levels are subjecto the recording
> environment/ noise, Are my limits (--projmagrej 4000  --projgradrej 3000
> --projeegrej 500) good ?

yes it sounds reasonable. You need to try on your data and see with
mne_analyze if the SSP vector computed does the job.

btw you can compute these SSP vectors from Python.

see:

mne.preprocessing.compute_proj_eog

and the command line tool which usage could be like this:

mne compute_proj_eog -i sample_audvis_raw.fif --l-freq 1 --h-freq 35
--rej-grad 3000 --rej-mag 4000 --rej-eeg 500

HTH
Alex