[Mne_analysis] error downloading sample data set

camille rozier camillerozier at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 11:29:21 EST 2014

Hello,

I successfully completed the steps of the MNE installation on my mac but
when I try downloading the sample dataset by running this command data_path
= sample.data_path() I get this error

/Users/camillerozier/anaconda/lib/python2.7/socket.pyc in
create_connection(address, timeout, source_address)
    569
    570     if err is not None:
--> 571         raise err
    572     else:
    573         raise error("getaddrinfo returns an empty list")

URLError: <urlopen error ftp error: [Errno 60] Operation timed out>

I tried turning off my firewall but I can't seem to find where this problem
comes from.
Thank you for your help!

Camille Rozier