[Mne_analysis] order_func and oscillations phase

Laetitia Grabot laetitia.grabot at gmail.com
Wed Nov 5 11:01:17 EST 2014

Dear list,

I have a question about the order_func used to reorder trials for
visualisation. I'm looking at filtered trials, so after reordering I get a
pattern of blue (troughs of oscillations) and yellow (peaks) bands.
Sometimes the first ordered trials corresponds to a trough (as in the
following example, where I order trials on [-100;+100]ms). Does it mean
that in my epochs, there is at that time a majority of trials at the trough
? Or does it mean that the trials with largest amplitude corresponds to
troughs of oscillations ?
Actually, I don't understand very well with which parameters the ordering
function is ordering trials (even if I read on the related paper that the
ordering is done on the basis of "trials variability").

Thanks a lot,
Laetitia G.