[Mne_analysis] Inverse solution with only EEG data

Christian Brodbeck christianbrodbeck at nyu.edu
Sat Nov 22 10:48:23 EST 2014

So then I think for using the fsaverage brain with EEG you would need to create a new bem model with 3 layers, because fsaverage-inner_skull-bem.fif that comes with mne only has one layer.

Also, Lakshmi, do you have any kind of measurement of the spatial properties of the subjects’ head shapes? In order to scale the fsaverage brain for a more realistic head model you would need head shape and/or electrode position measurements. Without any measurements I assume the best you can do is just use the unscaled fsaverage brain(?) in which case we would need canonical electrode positions for fsaverage...