[Mne_analysis] python-MNE installation

Alexandre Gramfort alexandre.gramfort at telecom-paristech.fr
Wed Oct 1 03:08:15 EDT 2014

hi Tommi,

> Then, I checked that both "which python" and "which pip" already point to
> Canopy (I did not do anything to the system yet). Specifically:
> which python
> /usr/pubsw/packages/python/System/bin/python
> which pip
> /usr/pubsw/packages/python/System/bin/pip

good

> Next, I re-installed (as root) the python mne package just to make sure it
> is there:
> pip install -e git+https://github.com/mne-tools/mne-python#egg=mne-dev

what did it say? did it complete successfully?

if pip is from canopy and you see no error then typing in (i)python

import mne

should really work.

> However, the errors for
> ipython --pylab gt
> and
> ipython -> import mne
>
> remain exactly the same as before.
>
> If you still believe I need to uninstall the pip I installed with yum, I
> would greatly appreciate if you could let me know which command I should
> use for uninstallation (I found a ton of different ways, and some of these
> will likely mess up the system in more than one way).

yum uninstall python-pip

?

don't hesitate to paste error messages.

Alex

PS : we're going to improve the getting started doc...
PS2 : if you really struggle get rid of canopy and give a try to
anaconda installing it in your home folder without root access.