[Mne_analysis] MNE and EEG channel synchrony

Hari Bharadwaj hari at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Tue Oct 14 09:23:02 EDT 2014

Hi Theodore,
    It looks Iike the PLV measure computed in the paper you cite is looking for the stability of the phase difference **across time samples** within 5 second epochs (and looks at how this synchrony evolves over epochs/frames) as in the reference below (noting it for the benefit of others on the list)...

I don't think this variety of PLV is implemented in mne-python... Perhaps some others on the list might be able to verify if that is indeed unfortunately the case.. It may be possible to extend cwt_morlet or similar from the time-frequency module to make a custom function to do what you are interested in.

HTH,
Hari

Ref:
Le Van Quyen, M., Foucher, J., Lachaux, J. P., Rodriguez, E., Lutz, A., Martinerie, J., & Varela, F. J. (2001). Comparison of Hilbert transform and wavelet methods for the analysis of neuronal synchrony. Journal of neuroscience methods, 111(2), 83-98.