[Mne_analysis] Repeated-measured oneway ANOVA / paired ttest in spatio temporal clustering

Eric Larson larson.eric.d at gmail.com
Mon Oct 27 10:19:31 EDT 2014

Maybe I don't fully understand the question, but I believe you want to use
spatial_temporal_cluster_1samp_test. The paired t-test between two
conditions should be the same as a one-sample t-test on the difference
between those conditions. You can see it by looking at the one-sample
t-test and paired t-test equations:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Student%27s_t-test#Dependent_t-test_for_paired_samples

You can also check out the docs of `ttest_1samp` and `ttest_rel` in
`scipy.stats`, and see them in action:

>>> from scipy.stats import ttest_1samp, ttest_rel
>>> x = np.random.rand(10)
>>> y = np.random.rand(10) + 1
>>> ttest_1samp(x - y, 0)
(-8.4152236461504959, 1.4741495462601121e-05)
>>> ttest_rel(x, y)
(-8.4152236461504959, 1.4741495462601121e-05)

We thus operate on the difference signal for efficiency in mne-python,
which should work for your use case.

Eric