[Mne_analysis] concatenation raws and events

dgw dgwakeman at gmail.com
Thu Sep 11 11:07:49 EDT 2014

You should be able to read the events straight from the raw object.
(mne.find_events). This is the safest way to deal with events.

HTH

On Thu, Sep 11, 2014 at 11:06 AM, J.A. Entakli <jae40 at cam.ac.uk> wrote:
> Thank you Steve,
>
> I suppose something like that:
> raws = mne.io.Raw(['raw1_fname','raw2_fname'])
>
> and what about the events??
>
> Bests,
> Jonathan
>
> On 11/09/2014 15:58, Stephen Politzer-Ahles wrote:
>> Hi Jonathan,
>>
>> When you read your raw file, you can pass the function a list of
>> filenames (instead of one filename) to automatically read all those
>> files into a single Raw object. Then you shouldn't need to worry about
>> concatenating later.
>>
>> Best,
>> Steve
>>
>> Stephen Politzer-Ahles
>> New York University, Abu Dhabi
>> Neuroscience of Language Lab
>> http://www.nyu.edu/projects/politzer-ahles/ [5]
>>
>> On Thu, Sep 11, 2014 at 6:44 PM, J.A. Entakli <jae40 at cam.ac.uk> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello Everybody,
>>> During my experiment I recorded 2 blocs per subject. I am just
>>> started
>>> with mne_python.
>>>
>>> I have two questions in one ::
>>> 1) I would like to know how can I concatenate the blocs and above
>>> all
>>> the events (corresponding to each bloc) to have just one bloc.
>>> In brief, for each subject I have one bloc with its events and
>>> another
>>> bloc with its events also.
>>>
>>> raw_fname1= '...'
>>> raw_fname2= '...'
>>> event_fname1= '...'
>>> event_fname2= '...'
>>>
>>> raw1 = io.Raw(raw_fname1)
>>> raw2 = io.Raw(raw_fname2)
>>>
>>> events1 = mne.read_events(event_fname1)
>>> events2 = mne.read_events(event_fname2)
>>> events_list = [events1,events2]
>>>
>>> raw_conc= concatenate_raws([raw1,raw2], events_list=events_list)
>>>
>>> Until here I think these several code lines work correctly...
>>>
>>> 2) But when I try to extract the epochs from raw_conc I have some
>>> error
>>> messages (concerning I think the events_list)
>>>
>>> picks =
>>> mne.pick_types(raw1.info
>>> [1],meg='mag',eeg=False,ecg=False,eog=False,stim=False,
>>> exclude='bads')
>>> epochs = mne.Epochs(raw, events_list, event_id, tmin, tmax,
>>> picks=picks,