[Mne_analysis] PLV in label in source space

Laetitia Grabot laetitia.grabot at gmail.com
Fri Sep 19 10:27:52 EDT 2014

Dear all,

When calculating the phase-locking value (PLV) from n trials in a label in
source space, I'm wondering if it is more relevant to:
- spatially averaging the trials across the label, then calculated the PLV.
- calculating the PLV on each source then averaging the PLVs across the
label.

I compared the two methods, and things change a lot (the PLV is larger when
the average is done at the level of the trials than when it's done at the
level of the PLVs). I would have the feeling that averaging the trials
first is more relevant, especially if using svd, so that the averaged
signal is more robust. Could someone confirm/contradict my feeling?

Thanks in advance,
Laetitia G.